R22 Refrigerant Phase Out
Units which depend on the banned HCFC R22 – a refrigerant which depletes atmospheric ozone levels – must be replaced as part of the R22 Phase-Out.
Is yours one of them?
Timeline Leading To R22 Phase Out:
- Production and supply of new air conditioning systems which depend on HCFCs (such as R22) was banned in 2004.
- Legislation banned the supply of R22 refrigerant used to service equipment from 31st December 2009.
- Only reclaimed or recycled R22 refrigerant was permitted from January 2010 until 31 December 2014.
- Systems operating on R22 refrigerant were classed as “not serviceable” from December 2014.
- A complete ban of R22 refrigerant, including reclaimed or recycled became effective from 31st of December 2014.
PRA Air conditioning provide an extensive product portfolio to help with R22 replacement.
We offer modern, efficient and cost-effective alternatives to air conditioning units which depended on R22 refrigerant or managed only low levels of energy efficiency.
Replacing outmoded and harmful air conditioning refrigerant with modern compliant equipment has many benefits:
- Low environmental impact
- Better efficiency
- Cheaper running costs
- Tax deductibility and 0% loans
Find Out More
Call us on 0800 9801340 to find out more about replacement units. Early adopters save money from the start!
If you have any concerns about the presence of R22 refrigerant in your air conditioning systems then please call us on freephone 0800 980 1340 – we service customers throughout the UK.